Lakeview Community Church (EFCA) in Cedar Hill, Texas is currently looking for an experienced Pastor to shepherd and lead our congregation as we seek to love God, love others, and be disciples who make disciples. We are looking for a missional shepherd with a strong biblical expository teaching style. He will need to be a disciple-making pastor who can implement our current mission, vision, and values while developing leaders at various levels in the church. LCC is a church family of about 100 adherents. We have a missional focus and desire to foster an attitude of sentness. The pastor will work together with a mature Elder Board.
The candidate must be committed to staying five or more years.
The Senior Pastor will provide leadership to LCC
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the biblical leadership qualifications of an elder described in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Agreement with the EFCA Statement of Faith.
- Competent in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships skills.
- Potential and desire to remain in a long-term ministry at LCC.
- Good expository Bible teaching and preaching.
- A minimum of five years ministry experience
- M. Div. or equivalent.
- EFCA credential or be willing to seek one or transfer an existing one.
Have primary responsibility for the teaching and sustaining of biblical commitments of LCC and equipping God’s people for ministry.
- Pastoral duties
- Preach and teach the Word of God regularly.
- Have overall responsibility for the public worship services.
- Oversee, with the Elders, the administering of the ordinances.
- Be a shepherd providing pastoral care and nurture.
- Leadership duties
- Merge with and Implement current overall mission, vision, and values of LCC, which is a missional focus.
- Work with the Elder Board to organize and develop the ministry of LCC.
- Along with the Elders provide and develop leadership for the Deacon Board and appointed ministry leaders.
- Provide overall leadership for the Ministry Teams.
- Oversee the development and implementation of ministry objectives.
- Develop and train leaders.
- Disciple others to make disciples
- Management duties
- As Church growth allows, supervise administrative and/or any staff.
- Kingdom duties
- Lead the congregation into active participation in the larger community
- As opportunities arise, be active in ministry in the larger community.
- The Senior Pastor is accountable to the Elder Board.
- This position description will be reviewed annually by the Elder Board.
- Other issues relating to this position are described in the Constitution and By-Laws.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume, any sermon clips links, and references to Amanda Bodien.